Wednesday 6 April 2011

Louis de Bernieres and Chocolate Cake

Did you know that there is a statue of a dog called 'Red Dog' outside the town of Dampier in Western Australia?  Well now you do...and how do I know this?..I have just read 'Red Dog' by that guy Louis something or other who wrote that famous book about a mandolin!  You know the guy..well its kinda good.
He tries occasionally to get inside the head of a dog - to think like one. Brave of him really...now Red Dog was one kool dog.., had a mate John but also lots of other friends and liked to wander and travel over some distances ....now if I did that here in the Galway countryside I would get shot by the local farmer! 

I had a nice slice of M&S chocolate cake after Jim's art classes tonight...normally I just get the crumbs off the floor so that was a nice treat...his students are doing good work - its an eclectic mix this project - from Mona Lisa to Durer's hands - my favourite is a portrait of a sheep dog with a pup...now Jim has never painted a portrait of me (ex girlfriends yes but not ME his best friend!!).  I should have a word. 

Cheesecake forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment